1) He crossed the Atlantic 30-times
2) He lived in the Nevada Territory for 4 years before it was a state, but was never in that state
3) In addition to being a friend of U.S. Grant, he publishes the Personal Memoirs of U.S. Grant in 1885 and paid Mrs. Grant $475,000 in royalties
4) He lived (at least for several months) in: Missouri, Iowa, Louisiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Maine, Washington DC, and Hawaii.
5) Other notable friends include: Andrew Carnegie, Nicola Tesla, Rudyard Kipling, Carl Schurz
“Peace, happiness, and brotherhood… That is what the world wants.”
– Mark Twain